I'm pleased to announce I'm taking appointments from Monday 6th July, whilst complying with strict regulations to protect against any spread of Covid 19.
This will mean conducting consultations by phone before your treatment, and enhanced hygiene measures for both myself as practitioner and you as patient.
The Therapist’s Promise:
- Wears new, disposable face mask for each session (morning / afternoon).
- Continues with regular and vigilant hand washing routines and uses hand sanitiser and/or disposable gloves when necessary.
- Cleans and disinfects couch and treatment room to high standards between each patient.
- Disinfects all door handles and contact areas of the clinic between each patient.
- Disposable paper couch cover will be continued to be used and disposed after each patient.
- Clinic space aired between each appointment therefore risk of infection is greatly reduced.
- Consent form and subjective assessment forms for new patients will be emailed prior to the appointment, this way we can reduce contamination even further. If you can’t receive emails or print, you will have to sign one on arrival.
- We will ask you to fill in a self-declaration form re COVID-19 symptoms prior to your appointment (via email) or on arrival.
- Wear face mask – on arrival and for the duration of your time in clinic premises – however don’t worry if you forget it, the clinic can provide you with one.
- Please don’t arrive too early for your appointment, to avoid coming in contact with other patients. If you do, please wait in your car or in the fresh air until called in.
- Use the hand sanitiser on your way in and out.
- Notify the clinic and cancel all your further appointments if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to anyone who has/had any symptoms in the last 14 days. Please, follow government’s guideline.
- Sign self-declaration form prior to any face to face consultation. If you can’t receive emails or print forms out yourself, please bring a pen to sign the form before the treatment.
- If you develop symptoms within 48 hours of treatment, you must report it officially, get tested, and let me know as soon as possible.
Get in touch with me if you want to make an appointment,
Click here for NHS website information regarding Covid19, alongside lots of other useful information.
There is further information, including support available for business owners here, on the government website.
Relief from pain or stress
Two Sheffield Clinics: in Ecclesall and in Ecclesfield
I use deep tissue massage to ease muscular tension and promote healthy circulation and Acupuncture to relieve pain. Pain in this context can mean almost any discomfort that you experience, physical or emotional. Treatments can involve one or both therapies, depending on what is most effective and on your preference.
As part of deep tissue massage and acupuncture, I use dry and sliding cupping as well as gua sha.
A recent study lists acupuncture as having an effect on 117 different conditions: Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association research.
Contact me to find out more, or to make an appointment.
Recognised by Westfield Health
As a British Acupuncture Council acupuncturist, many health insurance schemes will pay for my acupuncture treatments, with an appropriate referral. I often combine deep tissue massage with acupuncture, which could also qualify. Please ask me for further details if this interests you.
Tui Na Deep Tissue Massage
Tui na deep tissue massage is a holistic, therapeutic, deep tissue massage based on the principles of Chinese medicine.
Tui na deep tissue massage includes a wide variety of techniques to loosen tight areas, promote healthy circulation and speed healing. Tui na is very flexible, and I use it for all sorts of problems, including those that you might seek sports massage, other styles of deep tissue massage, holistic massage or any other remedial therapeutic massage for.
In tension, muscles feel tightly held. When tension is relieved, the whole body can benefit; if your neck and shoulders feel stiff you are also more likely to suffer from headaches. I use massage to separate out these tightly-bound fibres and help circulation to painful or tight areas.
Read more about Tui Na deep tissue massage here.
Acupuncture stimulates your body to produce its own natural pain-killing chemicals. Correct placement of the needles guides these chemicals to or through an area affected by pain. This can help areas deeper than the muscle or skin layer needled.
Read more about acupuncture here.
British Acupuncture Council member
I am a member of the British Acupuncture Council, adhere to their high standards of professional practice and undertake ongoing training.
The British Acupuncture Council provide fact sheets showing the latest research on acupuncture use for a whole range of conditions; click here to read more. As a member of the British Acupuncture Council, Westfield and a number of other health insurance schemes will pay for a proportion of treatment costs.
Tai Chi Chuan
Tai Chi Chuan (or Tai Ji Quan) is a Chinese martial art based on the principle that softness overcomes hardness. When you are loose and relaxed, you can use your whole body in a unified way. Tai Chi involves meditation on movement, simultaneously developing balance, relaxation, coordination and looseness, as well as understanding, flexibility and resilience.
The BBC programme 'Trust Me, I'm a Doctor' recently looked at the benefits of tai chi to certain aspects of health: Trust Me, I'm A Doctor
Read more about Tai Chi and my classes here.
Keep up to date with health news on social media
Abdominal massage is a method of directly affecting the organs and soft tissues below the ribs, the organs primarily associated with digestion and fertility, but which have an affect on all of your physical processes.
This style of massage is about freeing tissues up so that a balance is restored, a natural flow. It can have a profound impact on your experience of life.
I always combine it with massage to the lower back, and the thighs, the areas adjacent to the core.
Read more about abdominal massage here.